Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Tuesday, Week 3
The day started with a big temper tantrum from C over shoes. We bought him new shoes before we left for Wisconsin at the beginning of August, and he has already outgrown them. We bought new shoes last night, a full size larger, and this morning there were "issues" with them already. I talked with DH and we think it's more that he doesn't like hard shoes vs. the new ones not fitting . . . but I've given up talking to him about it for the day. I'll let DH deal with him later.

N was extremely cooperative today and eager to do his work!

The day started with nature journals. I encouraged C to write his own entry, and with only a little help with spelling "toadstool" he did just fine.

Both boys did math workbook pages (N completed 2, C completed 1.)

Both did some copywork in last year's "Little Folks" practice books for letters and numbers. We started them last year, but never finished them. Working in the books is definitely remedial for C, but I like the religious focus of each page and decided it was good reinforcement for his letter & number formation.

N read books 2 & 3 from the 1st set of Bob Books. I am so proud of his efforts here! He really works at sounding out the words, and his recognition of lower case letters has dramatically increased in the last few weeks.

C completed one page from his spelling workbook and a few pages in his word journal. The word journal is WAY too basic for him, but he is enjoying drawing the pictures to go on each page. He read out loud to me from an early reader. He finished "80 Days Around the World" over the weekend. I would like to order some of the early readers from Seton for him in the next few weeks.

DH didn't have any calls today, so he came home and we all went to the movies. We had the entire theater to ourselves! I almost didn't go, as I didn't know how L would do -- but she did just fine. Suddenly, a whole new world opened up to me! At least for the next few months, we can go to afternoon movies when most kids are in school. And, when the boys are in their enrichment program, I can go see adult movies!

Tomorrow the boys have their enrichment program. We have a conflict between fall ball games, and a special mass at church for RE. I think we'll be attending the mass, but I think DH would like the boys to go to their games. The mass is not required, but I think it would be a nice way to kick off the year. DH feels that they have a commitment to their teams. I'm still on the fence.

posted at 12:50 PM
0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Us
I'm a homeschooling mom with 3 wonderful kids! My boys are 6 & 7 and working at a 1st and 2nd/3rd grade level. We use Catholic Heritage Curriculum loosely, with lots of our own ideas added in. My boys attend an enrichment program one day per week during the traditional school year, which gives me extra time with my toddler daughter, and the chance to run some errands without my active boys.

This blog was a running list of what we do each school-day, but I tend to post here sporadically now. We usually school on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday to take DH's days off into account.


Links
Email Me!
Catholic Heritage Curricula

Previous Posts
Saturday, Week 2
Friday, Week 2
Thursday, Week 2
ugh, need to figure out how to title these!
August 24 - End of First Week
checklist
First Day, New Year
end of year
still here
Week 5, In Review

Archives
January 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
June 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
August 2010

Books

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: