Friday, August 31, 2007
Friday, Week 2
Today was a difficult day. The boys were ornery and I am tired. L hasn't been sleeping well this week, and I let this morning get away from me. Usually the boys do their morning duties, eat breakfast and then start their schooling at the kitchen island. Unfortunately, I didn't clean the kitchen last night after dinner -- and I was too tired to press things this morning -- so the boys played on the computer AND with their DS's before even getting dressed. Since I was still behind in basic household stuff -- I let them watch the shark dvd while I breastfed L, and then let them start their workbooks in my bedroom.

C complained about subtraction and N threw a fit over copywork. They both yelled and complained and I'm not proud to say that I did the same. I told N to get me the phone so I could just enroll them in regular school because I didn't want to argue over schoolwork! Not a good day :(

We did get some things accomplished however when all is said & done.

Both boys:
C:
N:
I realize that I didn't handle things as best I could have today. It would definitely be easier in some ways if we didn't homeschool, but I still feel it is the best thing for our family. I have to work harder to make sure the schooling area is ready for work, so there is no delay in starting our day. I also hadn't planned meals for the day, so everyone was hungry and scrambling for easy food. If this year is going to work, I MUST get at least an hour to make plans for the week and do any necessary preparation. I really can't count on DH to help me find that time with his schedule, so I need to figure it out on my own.

In the end, we accomplished all that needed to be done today. But the boys & I are frustrated at each other and in lousy moods. This is NOT what I want our days to be like.

posted at 2:36 PM
0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Us
I'm a homeschooling mom with 3 wonderful kids! My boys are 6 & 7 and working at a 1st and 2nd/3rd grade level. We use Catholic Heritage Curriculum loosely, with lots of our own ideas added in. My boys attend an enrichment program one day per week during the traditional school year, which gives me extra time with my toddler daughter, and the chance to run some errands without my active boys.

This blog was a running list of what we do each school-day, but I tend to post here sporadically now. We usually school on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday to take DH's days off into account.


Links
Email Me!
Catholic Heritage Curricula

Previous Posts
Thursday, Week 2
ugh, need to figure out how to title these!
August 24 - End of First Week
checklist
First Day, New Year
end of year
still here
Week 5, In Review
Week 4, At a Glance
Week 3, Friday

Archives
January 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
June 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
August 2010

Books

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: